By assuming the time consuming task of recruiting, screening, interviewing, selecting and hiring, Reyna Shipping will help you gain more time to devote to other areas of operations, thereby contributing to the financial success of your company.
1. Manpower pooling, Screening and Selection
The company’s database includes the names of our crews and their job experiences. It is for your benefit to hire seafarers who have work experiences suited to your vessels. Each time we add a new name to our database, the crewman’s work experiences are verified and crossed referenced with past employers and government agencies in order that these are accurate and reliable.
2. Pre-Employment Medical Clearances
Seafarers must have a medical clearances from medical centers accredited with the Department of Health (DOH) and the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
Examination and tests required are:
Physical Examination; chest x-ray; blood count; blood type; urinalysis; stool examination; dental check; psychometric examination; visual acuity and color examination using the Ishihara test; audiometry; speech test; and an electrocardiogram for those aged 40 and above or when recommended by the examining physician.
Other tests can be added, including: drug and alcohol, aids, hepatitis antigen, kidney and bladder ultrasound, and others as the company requires, as well as vaccinations for seafarers on vessels trading in specific areas.
3. Documents, Training and Certificates
Our rigid procedures avoid the risk of improper or inadequate crew documents, which may delay your vessels at the ports. Reyna Shipping
- Documents and certificates of the seafarer are valid for the term of the contract at minimum.
- Training and certificates conform to the IMO, ILO, STCW’78 convention as amended, and ISM code; and that the training and certificates are suitable for the crew positions and type of vessels for which the seafarers have been hired.
- Crews possess the appropriate flag licenses and corresponding special qualifications, statutory certificates, and other requirements of the Vessel’s Flag State.
- Seafarers are briefed on the policies and procedures of the company, and the safety management systems of the vessels.
Reyna Shipping’s travel agency, Griffin Marine Travel. arranges airline tickets for departing and returning crews. Tickets issued in Manila have flexibility for departures, but owners may issue Pre-paid Ticket Advise (PTA).
5. Performance Monitoring
As part of our service, we ask the master of a vessel to send Reyna Shipping regular reports on each seafarer we provide. Requested evaluation covers performance, competence and behavior. Reports are sent each quarter; these aid us in assessing each seafarer and selecting your crews.
6. Seafarer’s Accidents/Sickness Claims
Regular reports are sent to you on a seafarer who is repatriated because of sickness or injury. Reyna Shipping staff check on medical treatment, sickness benefits, hospital and medical cost, and coordinates with the principal’s representatives in the Philippines.
Reyna Shipping ensures the handling of these claims is treated with great sensitivity and efficiency.
7. Crew Incidents
A minor crew incident can be prevented from becoming a major one by dealing with it directly. Reyna Shipping staff will discuss with the seafarer/s to address his/their concerns. However, these concerns can only be resolved when the master and principal inform us immediately. Reyna Shipping may coordinate with the local government agencies concerned and their foreign counterparts and immediately advise the principal. For this service to be of mutual benefit, it is imperative to keep Reyna Shipping informed before a master or principals take any drastic action.